Search This Blog

Friday 1 February 2013

Its been a long time

Good day to you all.

It has been a very long time.  I've been busy, at work and then on holiday with my wife and son.  I am now back and hopefully some sort of normality can resume.  My request for help in the last post was met by deathly silence.  I have now brought my new laptop and can hopefully put it to good use.  It comes with Windows 8 and I may look at writing some Windows 8 apps as well - which may lead to me renaming this blog.

I've not done much Android development for a while but have gone through the pain of having to set up my development environment on my new laptop.  While doing this one of the things I realised was that some of my earlier posts are now out of date.  For example you no longer have to install Eclipse and the Android SDK individually, you can download as a pre-configured bundle.  Take a look at the following link for more details:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I also had to download the Admob SDK which I use to monetize my app. If you are interested in making some money by monetizing your apps then check out the following link:

http://www.google.com/ads/admob/

It took me a while to get my Maths Test App working but I am now up and running (For those of you not familiar with my Maths Test App - here comes the standard plug  ->  "Search Google Play for Sundev Pabla and download the best, the greatest, the most awesome educational app on the market ; -)").

The other thing that I have downloaded to my new laptop is GIT, this is a configuration control tool for software.  I have got GIT linked to an online repository which is free from Assembla.  My code is stored in the online repository.  To learn more about GIT try googling it and for more info on Assembla repositories check out the following link:

https://www.assembla.com/features/git

I think that is enough for today, until next time all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment