Search This Blog

Thursday 22 March 2012

Welcome

I believe that its important for you to know a little bit about me so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not you wish to follow me.  So here goes....

I graduated from Loughborough University in 2000 as an Engineer.  I then spent another year at Loughborough doing a P.G.C.E (Teacher training - by the end of the course the kids had persuaded me that teaching was not for me).

I  am now a Chartered Engineer with 10 years plus experience of working as a Systems / Software engineer.   I have worked right through the development life cycle from requirements analysis on major international bids, to design, development, integration and delivery of big software and systems projects for large multinational companies.

I have experience of programming in FORTRAN, matlab, c++,ADA, VB.net, C#, JAVA and probably other languages that I can't recall. 

I recently started developing Android apps and have published my first app on the Android market.  I am by no means an Android expert, but I want to share my experiences to date.  I also want you to join me on the next part of my Android journey.  I will try to blog as regularly as I can, sharing tips, giving advice, warning of pit falls.  I will also be wanting to learn from you, so please don't just read my blog, provide comments, ask questions, give me advice and if you think I have got it wrong then please shout.

That's all for now.  The aim of today was to introduce my self. In the next installment, I will discuss my Android experiences to date.  Take care until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment