Search This Blog

Saturday 24 March 2012

Google is your friend

Google is your friend - This is a lesson that I have learned over the years.  When I don't know how to do something or can't remember how to do something whilst coding, a quick search of the internet usually gives me the answer.

The Google is your friend advice is also applicable to Android development in more ways than one.  For a long time I had an aspiration of developing educational software, being a Software Engineer though, I did not want to develop hardware on which to run my software.  What Google has done with Android is given me an interface to numerous different devices running Android.  These devices can host my applications.  Google has also provided me with a world wide market through the Android market.

My aspiration of developing educational software included the desire to make it available for free.  However I did want some compensation for my efforts, again Google comes to the rescue with Admobs and Adsense - These two methods allow me to add adverts to my apps and blogs respectively, which in time will hopefully generate me some revenue.

It's the weekend so I have more time, so the next installment will be soon.  It will cover how I got hold of the tools needed for Android development and how I got started with my first app.  In the mean time, if you want to check out my first app then search the Android market for Sundev Pabla.  I know the app is simple and limited on functionality - however I believe in getting a product to market quickly and then progressively increasing its functionality with upgrades.  Take care, I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment