Search This Blog

Friday 6 April 2012

My first real App

My first app is called Maths Test and is featured on the Android Market.  Being a first app it is limited on functionality, I intend to extend its functionality over time.  Its worth getting the app because I will refer to it on this Blog regularly and will be using it as the basis of tutorials (To locate the app, simply search Sundev Pabla on the Android market).  Overtime I will probably end up publishing the full source code for the app.

Maths Test is a game in which you must answer as many mathematical questions as you can in three minutes.  You will not be presented with a new question until you get the question correct. The questions are a random selection of addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.  At the end of the game the player is told how many answers he got correct.

In subsequent posts, I will  cover the following topics:

  • Creating the layout (This is the user interface, also known as a GUI)
  • How to respond to user input
  • Bugs and issues that I encountered (The first time I played the game, I felt very pleased with my self.  I then rotated my phone and found that although the game worked fine in portrait mode it restarted itself when you rotated to landscape.  Find out why this was the case and what I did about it).
  • Using the Emulator (I didn't need to install the app on my mobile to find out I had issues when I rotate the phone to landscape.  Its possible to rotate the emulator - my old friend Google told me how to do this)
  • How to add adverts to the app
  • Where next for the app, what functionality could be added.
That is all for today.  Join me again to learn how the Maths Test app was developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment